Hi Adrian,

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 9:06 AM, Adrian Egli OpenSceneGraph (3D)
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ok, i solved it
> with
>     osg::DisplaySettings::instance()->setNumOfDatabaseThreadsHint(5);
>     osg::DisplaySettings::instance()->setNumOfHttpDatabaseThreadsHint(0);
> i am not sure this is the right way to implement our behavoiur but ...

This effectively switches off the shunting of http requests off to a
separate thread.  If this is appropriate for your app then it's the
right way to do it.

I'm not familiar with your app and how the paging/terrain generation
is intended to behave so whether it's the right way I cannot say.
Ideally we should have a page that doesn't require end users to
subclass from it common tasks, but to provide configuration to meet
the range of needs.  For really unusually paging needs subclassing
might still be required, but the more we can avoid subclassing the
less issues we are likely to have when internal implementations change
over time.

Robert