Robert Osfield wrote:
> You shouldn't need to apply Alberto's patch, my changed avoided the
> need for Alberto's patch.  svn/trunk should compile fine.

Sorry - my run on sentences were confusing again. :-).  I didn't use
both your patches at the same time.  I had used his and as I reported
previously that got OSG to compile and then osglauncher worked fine
(with a couple exceptions - documented here and private email to you).

When I got your patch I rolled his back and applied yours.  At this
time I developed the symptoms where it seemed as if none of the
examples from osglauncher were running or at least no screens were
being displayed since after I escaped to terminate I would see the
output (like th geometry calculations and such on the window where I
started the task.

I did this several times first rolling back your patch and trying his
and then roll his back and try yours even tried a power off and a
reboot.  Same symptoms.  Then I built a debug version and as I
mentioned I had not had a chance to debug but osglauncher would not run
the examples now as it was looking for osganimate and not osganimated.
My initial attempt seemed to show they were still showing up behind the
osglauncher screen but....

I modified osg.conf so it referenced the debug versions instead of the
release version and then when I tried osglauncher did EVERYTHING
perfectly.  No idea :-(

> I'm kinda surprised by the observed relationship with osglauncher
> behaviour.   Did osglauncher work OK prior to these changes?

So was I and now I do not believe it is related - the timing was
coincidental but I have no idea what caused it or if it will happen
again.

Since the Debug version seemed to work, I plan to do a full cleanup and
then a new cmake configure and build a release again and see what
happens.

2 thoughts cross my mind from all this:

1) I am wondering if I was confused on click vs double-click since
based on my test today I realized the apps would run with a click and I
may have been doing a double-click thus starting the app but then
bringing osglauncher back to the foreground.

2) the only other thing I can thing of is the parameter for the USE_3RD
_PARTY_BIN (references Mike in the help) as I know I tried with it ON
and with it OFF thinking I did not need it. Not sure if that had
anything to do with it but the current Debug is built with it ON and in
some of the previous it was OFF.

bk