Quoting Ryan Morris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I see what you're saying, but sadly I don't have as good of grasp on how to
> actually code it using OSG. Just to clarify I have an animated model that I
> am loading with osg::Node(), I am not manually controlling the movement, I
> have previously done that in Blender. Is there a way to get the transform of
> a specific part of a node? Thanks for your help!

What do you mean by 'part of a node'?  If you have a vertex you can run that
through the nodes transformation matrix to obtain the world position.

Could you have the modeller insert a dummy 'attachment' node into the model
where you want to place the other object?  You could then query it's
transformation matrix and place your object there.

But that will only work for articulated models, not skinned ones.
/ulrich