Hy Ryan

Of course do not use dynamic_cast directly, because you model is not an
AnimationManager node. You may have a look at the osganimation* examples to
gain concepts of the new osgAnimation library. The latest SVN version of OSG
accepts .bvh file for constructing bones, but you should add each part of
your model as bones' children yourself. There is no easy way to create
animated skeleton models at present.
Regards,

Wang Rui