Hi everyone,

i have a question wich follows the thread  "Near and far calculation and depth maps (and a question about WoWvx)." (http://www.mail-archive.com/osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org/msg16530.html)

I meet the same problem as Chris Denham with a bad depth map calculation, so i try the fix proposed in his first message :
"if I change the snippet above (by removing the comment and putting in an else),
---new snip---
if (d_near<0.0) osg::notify(osg::WARN)<<" 3) set near with d_near="<<d_near<<
std::endl;
else _computed_znear = d_near;
---new snip---

"
and i change the nearfar calculation mode to COMPUTE_NEAR_FAR_USING_PRIMITIVES.

Unfortunately when i walk in my scene (it's a town in collada format) i can see like some jumps in the depth map : i move in the city, for a while the depth map of the street is ok and at one moment the depth map become darker until everything become black and then (in one frame) the depth map come back coherent. Before the use of Chris'fix, it was worst, i mean i had a good depth map when i'm away from the town and looking at it but as soon as i come in the city the depth map get almost all black and stay as it.

Maybe Chris or someone else find a new solution ?
Thank you in advance
Patrice