Hi Adrian,

Ok, i see. The OpenGL 3 API will completly change. And for this, we will have to rewrite the OpenSceneGraph core.

Well, the API will change but the old API will be deprecated, not totally removed. The problem is that we don't know when the fixed pipeline will be removed, once it's deprecated.

See
http://www.openscenegraph.org/projects/osg/wiki/Support/KnowledgeBase/OpenGL/OpenGL3Notes
which are some notes I took at the OpenGL BOF at Siggraph 2008, where the final specs for OpenGL 3.0 were announced.

But the scene graph it selfs could (may) be the same or very similar. that would be greate.

As I said, I think most of the API should be possible to keep... But anyways, we'll see.

J-S