From: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
[mailto:osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org] On Behalf Of Adrian Egli
OpenSceneGraph (3D)
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2009 12:59 PM
To: OpenSceneGraph Users
Subject: Re: [osg-users] 3.0 or 2.10?

Hi all,

i don't understand why we should rewrite the whole openscenegraph core? Is
the good old openGL and openscenegraph that faraway from openGL CL/openGL
ES/.. How long does it take to port the whole greate functionality from osg2
to osg3? And how would it be possible to port the application form osg2 to
osg3 or should we restart our development once we get osg3 because the
osg2's API so different
from osg3? I don't understand all of the problem. is the openGL close to
death and we have to restart the greate osg2 lib. rewrite the core means,
what will happen with osg2 applications, new features will no longer be
added to the API (in long term view) and than the osg based application have
to die, and the new application has to become new written. or what will the
graphic industry do in near and long term future. i am not as close as some
of the community are in the graphic community, i am closer to computer
vision :-( :-)

I undestand that we may have to overthink some part of the core to support
new ideas in the graphic world. RealTimeRayTracer, ... ,... ,.. ,.. But
openscenegraph is one of the best graphic engine currently in the world of
computer graphics render engine.

/sorry that i don't really understand the question and the problem we will
get with osg2

adrian