Hi Stefan,

On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 3:15 AM, stefan nortd<ste...@nortd.com> wrote:
> I am interested in building OSG as a static library. Is this at all possible?
> How does this pan out with the plugin mechanism.

I would recommend using the latest version of the OSG to do this as it
has best support for building as static library. (OSG svn/trunk or the
OSG-2.8 branch in svn would be best).

> I would be very happy to get some hints on doing this. Generally I would
> assume I can configure the build files with cmake to compile static. Any tip
> and tricks I should know?

CMake has the DYNAMIC_OPENSCENEGRAPH and DYNAMIC_OPENTHREADS variables
that you can set to OFF via ccmake/CMakeSetup.  Then build the OSG and
review the examples/osgstaticviewer source code for tips on how to
force the linking against the appropriate plugins.

Robert