Hi Nico,

As Jason notes the frame loop is under your control so you can just
add you own call yourself in your own frame loop.  Another alternative
is to subclass from the Viewer and override the updateTraversals()
method, another solution would be to subclass from osg::Operation and
then attach you Operation to the Viewer using
Viewer::addUpdateOperation().