To: osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org
From: Trajce Nikolov <nikolov.tra...@gmail.com>
Sent by: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
Date: 08/25/2009 04:54PM
Subject: Re: [osg-users] How to read big openscenegraph files?

Hi Colli,

please post the master.flt. I have done this in the past, and yes, I have
managed dbs larger then 6gb. I ll help you. it is trivial

Nick

http://www.linkedin.com/in/tnikolov

Sent from Benoni, Gauteng, South Africa

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 10:50 PM, Colli Bann
<
coli...@gmx.de

 wrote:

Hi,

i am sorry for not providing all informations! I was running osgconv on
linux 11. The cpu tool over 90% and from memory over 90% as well, before it
blew up with a "bad alloc". I resized the swap space to over 20Gig, because
i thought, that he had problem with memory allocation because it seems,
like some of you mentioned, that osgconv is first trying to get all of the
5 Gig into its memory.

Yes, there is a master.flt, and i will try to transform it, but i do not
know, if i am able to do that because i already to try to do an
osgDB::ReadNodeFile but the outcome was the same: it stopped with a "Bad
alloc".

Thank you so much, but i wonder, how other companies manage to handle files
bigger than 6 Gig.

Thank you!