To: OpenSceneGraph Users <osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org>
From: Trajce Nikolov <nikolov.tra...@gmail.com>
Sent by: osg-users-boun...@lists.openscenegraph.org
Date: 08/25/2009 05:33PM
Subject: Re: [osg-users] How to read big openscenegraph files?

this will work for some cases , not for all. All depends how TerraVista
exported the database. As I can recall, there are several options for the
origins. You might end up with matrix attached to the Xref nodes in the
master file. But it is worth of giving it a try

Nick

http://www.linkedin.com/in/tnikolov

Sent from Benoni, Gauteng, South Africa

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 11:28 PM, Brian R Hill
<
bhil...@csc.com

 wrote:

Use the source attached to this link. It should do what you want.

http://www.mail-archive.com/osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org/msg05445.html

Brian

delivery.

purpose. •

-----
 wrote: -----

To:
osg-users@lists.openscenegraph.org

From: Trajce Nikolov <
nikolov.tra...@gmail.com

Date: 08/25/2009 04:54PM

Hi Colli,

please post the master.flt. I have done this in the past, and yes, I have

managed dbs larger then 6gb. I ll help you. it is trivial

Nick

http://www.linkedin.com/in/tnikolov

Sent from Benoni, Gauteng, South Africa

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 10:50 PM, Colli Bann

<

coli...@gmx.de

 wrote:

Hi,

i am sorry for not providing all informations! I was running osgconv on

linux 11. The cpu tool over 90% and from memory over 90% as well, before it

blew up with a "bad alloc". I resized the swap space to over 20Gig, because

i thought, that he had problem with memory allocation because it seems,

like some of you mentioned, that osgconv is first trying to get all of the

5 Gig into its memory.

Yes, there is a master.flt, and i will try to transform it, but i do not

know, if i am able to do that because i already to try to do an

osgDB::ReadNodeFile but the outcome was the same: it stopped with a "Bad

alloc".

Thank you so much, but i wonder, how other companies manage to handle files

bigger than 6 Gig.

Thank you!