Jacob Armstrong wrote:
> Our software then uses
> all of these .ives and the appropriate level of detail is displayed
> based on the current Zoom Level in our software (user-specified
> dynamically).

  Ok. Are you using OSG for anything else in your app, like real 3D views? It
would seem
to me you're doing this in a very inefficient and slow (in both code and data
development
and runtime performance) way. I could have written a 2D display implementation
in the time
it's taken us to discuss your VPB problems, much less the time it took to build
your VPB
database, plus the time it took your co-worker to script OSGDEM.

  Oh, and storing the data as 2D imagery would also be much more compact and
have reduce
disk IO.