OK thank you for the information. So whatever aspects of SceneView
that Renderer is using now will eventually become part of the Renderer
itself. I see that now. I'm not really interested in creating a
separate library I just want to get OSG working for this project, but
I can see that it would be a huge task porting it to a different
language with different constraints. Anyway it's been a great learning
experience going through the code.

One further question, does actual rendering get invoked via the
Renderer->cull() method? It looks like that then calls cull() and then
draw() on the SceneView. Or is it the GraphicsContext->runOperations()
that ends up rendering?

Thanks,
Dan