Hi Rafa,

 I understand your previous message.  Honestly, I did not think that using the
"default java" as installed through the synaptic manager was different from Sun
Java.

So, here is what I have done:
1. I have installed Sun Java version 6
2. I have setup my environment variables
3. I downloaded the source code again and started with a fresh install
4. I have removed the OLD .m2 directory
5. I am using the CMakeList.txt file you directed me to use
6. I am running as my local account and not root
7. I have included my entire output from my latest attempt.
8. I have tried to use the binaries and the run-Examples.sh brings up a window
but when I click on any example, the application crashes
9. I downloaded and I am using the osgvp-2.2.0-SNAPSHOT-src  source code
10. I am using the command: mvn install -Dmaven.test.skip=true

Here are my environment vars:

#env | grep OSG
OSG_INCLUDE=/usr/local/include
OSG_BIN=/usr/local/bin
OSGGTKMM_INCLUDE=/usr/local/include/osgGtkmm-0.1
OSG_FILE_PATH=/media/numenor/OpenSceneGraph-2.8.1/OpenSceneGraph-Data-2.6.0
OSG_LIB=/usr/local/lib
OSG_DIR=/usr/local/include:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/lib
OSGGTKMM_LIB_ROOT=/usr/local/lib
OSG_ROOT=/usr/local
OSGGTKMM_ROOT=/usr/local/include

#env | grep JAVA
JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun
JAVA_INCLUDE_PATH2=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/include/linux/
JAVA_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/include/

#env | grep GDAL
GDAL_LIBRARY=/usr/lib
GDAL_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/include/gdal
GDAL_BIN=/usr/bin
GDAL_DIR=/usr/include/gdal:/usr/bin:/usr/lib

## jogl info ( Loaded onto system via synatic manager )
libjogl-java-doc
libjogl-java
libjogl-jni

ERROR: ( and this error is repeated for several different modules )
Configuring done
     [exec] CMake Warning at CMakeModules/OSGVPMacros.cmake:9 (ADD_LIBRARY):
     [exec]   Cannot generate a safe runtime search path for target osgvpcore
because
     [exec]   there is a cycle in the constraint graph:

     [exec]     dir 0 is [/home/allen/.depman/lib]
     [exec]       dir 1 must precede it due to runtime library
[libOpenThreads.so.11]
     [exec]     dir 1 is [/usr/local/lib]
     [exec]       dir 0 must precede it due to runtime library [libosg.so.55]

     [exec]   Some of these libraries may not be found correctly.
     [exec] Call Stack (most recent call first):
     [exec]   src/osgvpcore/CMakeLists.txt:35 (SETUP_CORELIB)

It appears that the JAVA_INCLUDE_PATH and JAVA_INCLUDE_PATH2, however, have
been recognized by CMake, which is nice.  But I am truly at a loss as to how to
get your package to compile under Ubuntu 9.0.4 as these new errors are
completely different from what I was receiving.

I have made sure that osg has GDAL support; I believe I am using the correct
jogl; and I do have GDAL installed.

I am very happy that you are using Ubuntu.  Could you possibly tell me what
else I am over looking?  I believe I have followed every thing that you have
stated thus far.  I have double checked the README.txt file as well as our
notes here and I do not see anything that I am doing wrong.

Best regards,
Allen

Attachments:
http://forum.openscenegraph.org//files/mavenoutput6_408.txt