Hi Cory,

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 3:02 PM, Cory Riddell <c...@codeware.com> wrote:
> It is definitely a patch for a problem. We aren't loading anything from
> a database. Rather we are using a commercial geometric modeling kernel
> to create and tesselate fairly complex bodies. OSG's Optimizer is
> cleaning up the output from the tesselation library.

I would recommend iterating through the various optimizer passes to
see how each of the different visitors affect the scene graphs you
have, it's likely only one or two are the key to the big differences
you see.

Once you've isolated which ones are the key ones you can look at how
the scene graph changes before and after to see what the optimizer has
to work with and what it generates.  This will teach you a lot about
what is wrong with the scene graph you have to start with, and
hopefully point you in the direction of spotting more efficient ways
to process the data and to produce even more efficient scene graphs.

Doing your own targeted optimization will almost certainly be able to
produce better results than the Optimizer and to be able to do faster.