I'm going to preface my comment by saying I've never done an effect like this
before. I am, however, interested in how this could be accomplished.

Adding in the wiper effect adds a particularly difficult layer of complexity to
an effect like this.

I would still suggest using a shader to do this effect. You would have to
update the wiper's position as a uniform value per frame. You can then choose
to apply the raindrop texture to pixels on one side of the wiper and then dont
apply the texture to pixels on the other side of the wiper.

You can also do this if your procedurally creating the raindrops on the fly.

Cheers,
Steven