"David Glenn" writes:

> Chriss10 wrote:
>> I added eventhandler, but it doesn't work for me!
>>
>> It does not matter how many times I pess 'f', my application will only be
>> shown on one screen.
>>
>> Can somebody help?
>> Other ideas? I think it should be possible to span it over 2 fullscreens.
>

> Well I'll tell you what I had to resort to, but it's a hack not a fix.
>
> First I render the view to a window (not the whole screen). There is many
> ways to do that - the examples show you how.
>
> Then, when I start things off I resize the window frame a bit beyond the
> scale of the two screens. This can be done in code but if all else fails,
> after you start the program resize it with your mouse- I told you it was a
> hack!
>
> Note: Make sure that resize of the window GUI is linked to your OSG resize
> for this to work!
>
> This is the best that I've been able to do in the Linux realm - might work in
> MS Windows.
>
> I use this to render a 3D projection with two Polarized projections and it
> works, but as I said it's a hack! I'm looking into a more practical solution
> as time permits – This 3D Projection stuff is more of a hobby scale right
> now.
>
> This is kind of one of those types of subjects  that maybe an easy answer,
> but it's ether  just a bit beyond the box to find it in this forum, or beyond
> the interest of others to answer, or that’s what I’m beginning to think!
>
> For me, I’ve done some very weird stuff with this OSG code, much to the
> puzzlement of some of the OSG authors here and when you do this you sometimes
> have to stick to your guns and find the answers in other ways and forums!

I have to say that it used to work well at least with OSG 2.4.0. Then
that misbehaviour appeared, but I don't know if it is a problem with the
drivers or with OSG. I think it's more likely a configuration/driver
issue since you are the first pinging the list for that, if I recall
correctly. The osgViewer::View::setUpViewAcrossAllScreens should be a
good starting point to track the issue.

In Windows it expands across the screens from the beginning, but the OSG
windowing code is different.

Regards,

--
Alberto