Hi Geoff,

I let you do the sums... 64250x22500x4=...

Then work out how much memory do you have on your computer... the
exception will be a memory exception...

The OSG itself doesn't limit most OSG data structures including
osg::Image, so it's very much a case of garbage in, garbage out.   If
you use a daft size then the underlying new that'll it'll be doing
will throw an exception, it's up to your app to work out what to do
about it.

In your case... what to do about it, you haven't said why you'd want
to create such an extreme size of osg::Image. For others to guide you
in the right direction you'll need to explain what you are trying to
achieve.

Robert.