On 12/21/2010 12:54 PM, Geoff Rhodes wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the response. For some reason I never thought about running out of
memory, and I am only catching a general exception. I've been playing around
with Photoshop, and just assumed that since it could open the image of that
size, that it should be fine. Guess it uses a lot of the scratch disk for

Looks like I'll have to try and locate a machine with more memory and Windows 7
then...
I don't think that will be sufficient. Even if you were to find a machine with enough available (and contiguous) memory, your video card would never have enough memory to handle the whole image. You'll either need to work with a scaled down version of the image, or you'll need to use some sort of framework to page image data to/from disk.

Rob