Did you step into the code and see why is failing ?

I don't have access to OSG right now to look at the source myself but your
probably limited to the max size support by Openly and your graphics card
and driver.

Which is likely to be 4096x4096 and on many newer cards thatÂ’s 8192x8192

Or if a limit is not set its then likely you simply cannot get a contiguous
piece of memory at the size you're asking for from your OS, you're asking
for around 5gb

Either way you're going to struggle get  a contiguous piece of memory at the
size

__
Gordon Tomlinson

www.photographybyGordon.com
www.gordontomlinson.com
www.vis-sim.com

"Self defence is not a function of learning tricks  but is a function of how

quickly and intensely one can arouse one's instinct for survival"
-Master Tambo Tetsura