Hi Fred,
The call to glTextureBufferEXT, during the rendering, is not needed. It is only
needed when you prepare the Texture Buffer, but not during the display.

Does it make sense to you if I comment out the following line of code below
(see // COMMENTED OUT, below):
I'll be very busy until next Friday so I can't answer to you properly. A quick answer is that I just replicated what I saw inside the OSG code for other textures. If you're sure that the binding is not needed, removte it. I'll try to come back to this issue later and check whether it works for me or not.

Cheers,
Juan