Hi Paul and Chris,

2011/3/29 Paul Martz <pma...@skew-matrix.com>:
> Is this a new problem introduced with RC2 or did it also occur with RC1? Did
> it occur with 2.8.3? Please check, thanks.

2.8.3 has the same problem. And I've made some progress now. After
comment the following lines in the osgmovie example:
/*
if (image->isImageTranslucent())
{
    osg::notify(osg::NOTICE)<<"Transparent movie, enabling
blending."<<std::endl;
    drawable->getOrCreateStateSet()->setMode(GL_BLEND, osg::StateAttribute::ON);

drawable->getOrCreateStateSet()->setRenderingHint(osg::StateSet::TRANSPARENT_BIN);
}
*/

The movie appears and works well (in both 2.8.3 and 2.8.4-rc2). I
believe that the ffmpeg plugin has already worked but the quad is
totally transparent incorrectly. Hope somebody could help test it
because I'm not familiar to the ffmpeg implementation personally.

Cheers,

Wang Rui