Hi Eric,

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 4:22 PM, Eric Sokolowsky <esok....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Changing "_display" to "display" fixes the crashing problem for me. Here is
> an updated GraphicsWindow.cpp with the fix, which you may have already
> applied.

Good to hear that this fixed the problem - it illustrates it was a
multi-threaded X11 usage issue. Having reviewed the wider code the
actual  check for the window close is already done further up in
checkEvents so the second bit of code shouldn't have any effect.
Removing the check for close from the swapBuffers doesn't seem safe
either so I think the whole submission is suspect, not just the usage
of the _display rather display variable.