I've been thinking about using a ClipNode to cut my model in two to
expose the inside details like a cutaway drawing. Just sticking a
ClipNode at the root of my model graph does remove half of it, but the
model ends up looking hollow rather than solid. I want to cap the open
side. For example, if a sphere is cut in two, I would cap the open side
with a circle.

A bit of searching for how to do this with OpenGL turned up this page
(http://glbook.gamedev.net/moglgp/advclip.asp) that caps the open side
using the stencil buffer. Does the technique outlined in the article
look like a reasonable OSG-friendly approach? Any advice or pointers to
other examples? Grepping the example code turns up a bunch of stencil
code, but I'm still a little lost (OpenGL newbie).

Thanks,
Cory