Hi Hartmut,

Using 100's of thousands of scene graph objects to represent a tree
will always be a performance problem, no matter what LOD'ing or scene
graph structure you use.  Using such a fine grained scene graph will
cause problems in cull, draw dispatch and draw down of the GPU.  It
very much sounds like you have engineered one of the worst possible
ways to tackle the task one could think of.

This really begs the question what you are trying to do here?  When
you say a tree, could you give us a screen shot so we know what you
are trying to achieve.  Perhaps if we know what you are trying to
achieve we can recommend how you should construct your scene graph to
achieve best performance.

Robert.