Hi Robert,

    Sorry, I just saw your reply.  Is TransferFunctionProperty used for defined
colour map?

        osg::ref_ptr<osg::TransferFunction1D> transferFunction = new
osg::TransferFunction1D;
        transferFunction->setColor(0.0, osg::Vec4(1.0,0.0,0.0,0.0));
        transferFunction->setColor(0.5, osg::Vec4(1.0,1.0,0.0,0.5));
        transferFunction->setColor(1.0, osg::Vec4(0.0,0.0,1.0,1.0));

        transferFunction->assign(transferFunction->getColorMap());
        osg::ref_ptr<osgVolume::TransferFunctionProperty> tfp = new
osgVolume::TransferFunctionProperty(transferFunction.get());

        osg::ref_ptr<osgVolume::CompositeProperty> cp = new
osgVolume::CompositeProperty;
        layer->addProperty(cp.get());
        cp->addProperty(tfp.get());

   If I don't use TransferFunctionProperty, I guess osg will use default colour
map.  Then I no need to create another colour map.  Is that correct?

   For example, the size of my volume cube is 100 * 100 * 50.  If I show the
first layer (100 * 100 * 1), the colour from the back view is more brightness
than from the front view.  I am not understand why it is related to
TransferFunctionProperty. The colour brightness is affected by adjusting the
SampleDensityProperty value.

   I have more question about performance.  If the image is showed the first
layer, the performance is the same as showing all layers (100 * 100 * 50).  Is
any possible way to increase the rendering speeding when only first layer is
shown?  Many thanks.

Regards,
Clement