Hi everybody,

I'm glad to announce osgAndroid (OpenSceneGraph for Android). It consists
in a set of Java/JNI wrappers of OpenSceneGraph and some helper classes to
easily develop OSG applications in Android.

The code repository is hosted in Gitorious:

https://gitorious.org/osgandroid

I still don't have a complete documentation, but some
quick start guidelines can be found here:

https://gitorious.org/osgandroid/pages/Home

The osgAndroid project has been initially funded by:

IRTIC(http://smagris3.uv.es/irtic/)
AI2(http://www.ai2.upv.es)
MirageTechnologies S.L.(http://www.mirage-tech.com).

But we all agreed in open the source code and try to make the life easier
to all osg developers that want to migrate applications to Android. The
project was initially developed with AR applications in mind, so you will
not find too many interaction tools there, and of course has some
limitations, but you can load and display a model with only a few lines of
code:

mView = new Viewer(this);
mView.init(false, 16, 8);
mView.setSceneData(ReadFile.readNodeFile("/sdcard/axes.ive"));
mView.setDefaultSettings();
setContentView(mView);

Some usage samples can also be found in the code, such as how to use the
Android device Camera with an OSG scene with transparent background or how
to mix osgAndroid and native code in an Android Activity, and much more
will be added.

I would also like to announce the project in the community news section of
the new site (openscenegraph.com), is it possible?

I really hope this will be useful to the community, and of course feel free
to contribute!

Cheers,
Rafa

--