Well Chris, I don't think that anyone has ruled out using Vulkan on OSG, it
just that the verdict is out about adoption. Besides, as I have learned from my
resent VR experience, sometimes early adoption is not the wise course of
action.

As for me, I will adopt Vulkan when I have a good understanding of how it works
and the standards are stable. It took awhile before the standards for GLSL to
be ironed out. I'm worried about it being the same way for Vulkan.

D Glenn

Chris Hanson wrote:
> Personally, my thought on Vulkan is that it present an opportunity to solve a
> number of long-standing problems that history has shown OpenGL now has as a
> result of graphics software and hardware evolving.
>

> OpenGL was intended as standardized moderately high-level abstraction layer.
> Today, applications want to be able to choose and customize their high level
> abstraction (which is what scene graphs like OSG and game engines like Unity
> are) and those engines want a lower-level  of the actual hardware. Vulkan
> seeks to address this change.
>

> --
> Chris 'Xenon' Hanson, omo sanza lettere.  http://www.alphapixel.com/
> (http://www.alphapixel.com/)
> Training • Consulting • Contracting
> 3D • Scene Graphs (Open Scene Graph/OSG) • OpenGL 2 • OpenGL 3 • OpenGL 4 •
> GLSL • OpenGL ES 1 • OpenGL ES 2 • OpenCL
> Legal/IP • Code Forensics • Digital Imaging • GIS • GPS • osgEarth • Terrain
> • Telemetry • Cryptography • LIDAR • Embedded • Mobile • iPhone/iPad/iOS •
> Android
> @alphapixel (https://twitter.com/alphapixel) facebook.com/alphapixel
> (http://facebook.com/alphapixel) (775) 623-PIXL [7495]

> Post generated by Mail2Forum

David Glenn
D Glenn 3D Computer Graphics Entertainment.
www.dglenn.com