Hi Rob,

I am afraid that osgOcean is a 3rd party NodeKit that was written a
long time ago and as far as I'm aware has seen active development or
widespread use across the OSG community, so the chances of having
others that have the knowledge to help will be quite low.  I don't
know if the original authors are still active, they would be the best
ones to ask.

It might be that if you want to use osgOcean you'll need to work how
it works and maintain it yourself.

Best of luck,
Robert.