You can't unload a static plugin... so why would you want to unload
the readerwriter?

On 5/24/07, Emmanuel Roche <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
In this case, I think we should add two functions: one to register the
readerwriter and an other to unregister it... no ? (I don't see how to
provide the same functionalities than the Register..Proxy in a single
function call...)

Manu.

2007/5/24, Emmanuel Roche <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I'm not sure to understand : what would be this function for ? to register
the plugin in static mode ? so every sample and projects would have to call
the needed functions when starting its process (checking for static mode):
is this what you're thinking about ?

> Manu.
>

> 2007/5/24, Robert Osfield < [EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > HI Manu,
> >
> > My thought about using C functions would be for them to be unique for
> > each ReaderWriter i.e :
> >
> > extern "C" {
> >
> >   void osgdb_ive(void)
> >   {
> >   }
> >
> > };
> >
> > Would be added to the ive plugin, and the same goes for the other
> > plugins.  One could possible do this via a macro when doing the proxy
> > instantiation just to simplify the source code.   Could you try this
> > as a quick hack and let me know how you get on.
> >
> > The .osg plugin and its dozens of DotOsgWrappers is more of a
> > challenge, but will be solvable using something similar.
> >
> > Robert.
> >

> > On 5/24/07, Emmanuel Roche < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > Well, things aren't going that well unfortunately:
> > >
> > > I've just realize that every plugin that use even a single
> > > RegisterDotOsgWrapperProxy return the exact SAME symbol for this
object...
> > > and I cannot find anyway to tell gcc to include the same symbol from
> > > multiple libraries (or worse from multiple objets files in a single
library
> > > in the case of osg...): This means for example that we can't link with
> > > osgdb_osgText and osgdb_osgFX at the same time for example... :'(
> > >

> > > concerning the automation of the process, indeed, it's quite heavy...
but I