@Bart, the amazing OSMAND how-to you've created is really
underappreciated.  The detailed knowledge and great use of graphics with
voice over amaze me.  You should have many more views and subscribers for
such an excellent tutorial.  I agree that planning a route on the phone
pales in comparison to the ease and accuracy of other programs that create
GPX tracks.  However, these lack the street name provision that many users
desire.  To plan a route on OSMAND using a mouse, I use the ApowerMirror
android app to mirror phone to computer.  It's a nice trick that makes
tracks with street names easier to create.

Robert Grant