Harry van der Wolf <hvdw...@gmail.com> writes:

> And indeed: Simply copying the default profile and lowering the max speed
> to 100 (what it will be in the Netherlands anyway after 16.03), does indeed
> result in shorter computation times.

Yes, but does it compute the same routes?

> Question:  Is there some mathemitcal approach to calculate or estimate the
> x for a certain route?

It seems to me that one has to compute the route with hc=1, and then for
each pair of route points, ask the question what the actual cost is
divided by the assume straigtline cost, and take the min of those
values.

This has to be in the cost function being minimized, I think.