I have noticed OSMAnd using more and more power over the past few years. A
couple of years a go I updated my phone (Samsung S8) JUST to try and get
better battery life when using OSMAnd. Alas, even when knew, OSMAnd in
navigation mode just ate through the battery of my S10. I can run other
gps-based software which TRACK my ride all day, but OSMAnd in NAVIGATION
mode lasts just a couple of hours max. It's also slow to render the (off
line standard OSM) maps when moving so you are on to junctions before turn
instructions appear. Which makes me think the navigation engine is burning
CPU/battery?
I'm a long time paid supported of OSMAnd and recommend it to everyone, but
I now find myself adding a caveat about battery life. I've tried turning
everything off that runs in the background, but it makes little difference.
Looking at my message, it seems what I should do is just set OSMAnd to JUST
record my track (without Nav) and see what battery life is like then?
Certianly when I have the OSMAnd app open and displaying on my phone,
without nav or record, battery consumption is much better, but still much
more than other apps (that just record a track while displaying an off- or
on- line map.