It is reassuring to hear that I am not alone in noting:-
a) OsmAnd power consumption has crept up.
b) Osmand uses significantly more power when NAVIGATING (ie calculating a
route and delivering turn instructions), than when merely acting as a map
and logging track.
c) You can still recommend OsmAnd to people but only with a caveat about
power consumption.

>Xavier - Due to family reasons and other factors I have had to postpone
following-up your suggestions, bit I WILL when time permits - Thank you.
>Others - Running OsmAnd for navigation on a car's battery is no problem of
course, but most/many of us want it for walking/cycling/sailing where
external power, even solar, is not practicable.
>Developers - You really do need to take this matter seriously in order to
sustain the credibility of the app.  I am probably not alone in already
considering other options.

PW