Nothing knew about this observaton. Here is a unanswered message I posted
from 4 years a go.

???

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Barry Evans <Unknown>
Date: Wednesday, 31 May 2017 at 07:20:39 UTC+10
Subject: OSMAnd 2.6.3 battery use
To: Osmand <Unknown>

OSMAnd 2.6.3 is hammering the battery on my Samsung S7 running Android 6.2-
see attached screenshots

I have not run OSMAnd in earnest for a few years. Earlier versions running
earlier Samsung phones lasted much longer.

What is happening? I have a lot of experience with smartphones and how to
save battery life, but I have never seen anything quite like this. Today my
battery just fell off a cliff and shut down at zero in the blink of an eye
while navigating using OSMAnd

Any ideas?