|
Where do you live? Ottawa, Ontario,
Canada
> Would you describe your location as urban, suburban, or rural? suburban > How many adults live in your home? one > How many older children who drive? one (17 years) > How many young children? two (thirteen and eight) > Who buys the food? I do > Who puts away the food? Usually a joint activity with all three children and me; sometimes just one or both the older children. > Who prepares the food? Mostly me. If I have to work late or am away on business, my eldest daughter does. > Who cleans up after meals? Supposed to be a joint effort, but often a lot of
prompting is required to have full and timely co-operation.
> Do you feel that you as one of the adults are competent in food choice and preparation? Yes > Do you feel you have enough time to handle the food tasks? No; it is the bain of my existence and always seemed to be pressured. > What shortcuts are helpful at your house? Grocery lists, with everyone contributing; preparing enough food for two meals and either freezing or refrigerating one portion, family meetings to meal plan for the week (this does not happen routinely enough but is extremely helpful when it does) > How do you instruct, train, or coerce your offspring to participate in labour related to food? I ask ahead of time (before school/work), then follow up with a phone call in the afternoon if I remember. Sometimes, nagging. Many times repetition and direct instruction (come help me make supper so that you can learn how to do it). > Do you feel your offspring will be competent in this area of life? I think so - and hope so. Sue Swanson
|
<<Blank Bkgrd.gif>>
_______________________________________________ OTlist mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://otnow.com/mailman/listinfo/otlist_otnow.com
