_____________________________________________________________________
Visit the OTnow Bulletin Board at:

http://otnow.com/otbb/
______________________________________________________________________
Hello Joan:

Thanks for the Bulletin Board plug!!! :-)

Like you, I am also finding the board easier to use although I was less than
enthusiastic when it first started.

There  are  currently only 35 registered users of the board. While this is a
good start, it certainly doesn't represent much of a discussion 'community'.

I wonder why so few people have migrated to the bulletin board?

Ron

=================================================================

On Wednesday, June 9, 2004, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

JR> _____________________________________________________________________
JR> Visit the OTnow Bulletin Board at:

JR> http://otnow.com/otbb/
JR> ______________________________________________________________________
JR> I just found this draft on my computer answering questions posed by Jody
JR> which I had not finished. Since the list will be down soon I'm sending
JR> it for what it's worth. For the record I'm finding the bulletin board
JR> easier to use than the list. I have set it as my home page, set for
JR> automatic login. When I go on the net it comes up and I click on any new
JR> messages since last visit. It's great except that a lot of you are not
JR> there. Hope to see you soon. www.otnow.com/otbb 

 

 

 

JR> Here goes Jody. Maybe the OccSci list (sorry Occupational Science) will
JR> be interested in this if there are lots of responses.

JR> 1)       We live in a farming market town in Southern Alberta, Canada.
JR> The town has doubled in size in the fourteen years we have lived here.
JR> It is now considered close to Calgary but for most of its hundred year
JR> history was 'the biggest place around': market, education, business and
JR> medical centre for the grain farms and beef ranches. We still have heavy
JR> farm equipment dealers, auto dealers with a heavy emphasis on pickup
JR> trucks, saddlers and all kinds of farm equipment and supplies. In
JR> addition there are all the services, accountants, lawyers, medical etc.
JR> for a population about four times the size of the town, now about
JR> 10,000. Because of our location within an hour of Calgary we are
JR> considered rural, here. I grew up in a very similar town in Ontario with
JR> no big city close by and that was definitely considered urban so take
JR> your pick.

JR> 2)       We are two semi-retired adults with no children at home.

JR> 3)       None

JR> 4)       None

JR> 5)       I buy most of the basics. Very occasionally we grocery shop
JR> together. My husband has always cooked and often buys the special things
JR> he intends to cook, especially meat (from the butcher not the
JR> supermarket). When he does basic shopping he tends not to read labels or
JR> pay attention to price differences so he's much faster than I am.

JR> 6)       I generally put the food away although my husband will if I am
JR> not around.

JR> 7)       We both prepare food, my husband from choice over the years and
JR> me from necessity for family meals. We both enjoy having guests in the
JR> house and work well as a team for company dinners. I remember a time
JR> when guests were obviously astounded that I could cook alone as my
JR> husband arrived home after they had arrived. Now it is more a shared
JR> responsibility as I frequently work on days when he is home.

JR> 8)       Whoever didn't cook cleans up or we do it together.

JR> 9)       We are both competent.

JR> 10)   There is time now.

JR> 11)   Shortcuts/ energy conservation - Planned leftovers, cooking for
JR> several meals at once, leaving things we use daily out on the counter,
JR> setting the table from the dishwasher when unloading, using a trolley,
JR> organising the kitchen by function (tea, cups etc. near the kettle), a
JR> moveable chopping block counter with knives etc. in the drawer and
JR> breakfast cereals and crackers below plus kitchen stools for both of us.
JR> (This means we can move ourselves out of the way for prep chores but
JR> move the whole thing close to either the sink or the stove.) Unlike most
JR> North American families we have never eaten in the kitchen so setting
JR> the table is usually the first thing we do

JR> 12)    

 

 

 

JR> Joan Riches

JR> 1109 4th St SE

JR> High River, AB T1V 1J2

JR> 403 652 7928

JR> FAX 403 652 7970

 

JR> _______________________________________________
JR> To unsubscribe, visit:
JR> http://otnow.com/mailman/listinfo/otlist_otnow.com

JR> The OTnow Mail Archive: 
JR> www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
JR> ===============================================



_______________________________________________
To unsubscribe, visit: http://otnow.com/mailman/listinfo/otlist_otnow.com

The OTnow Mail Archive: 
www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
===============================================

Reply via email to