--Hi jody. It's nice to know you're from Mississippi. In the next few months, I may start working there and this will be my first time to work overseas. and your from a rural area. most probably, I will also be based on a rural area. Im interested to know about the culture in mississippi. I mean, the people, transportation and way of living since i belong to different country with different culture, and traditions...Beng
--------- Original Message ---------
DATE: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 18:33:27
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc:

Susanne- you didn't miss mine, I thought noone was interested, but since you are I will answer too. -- Jody

Where do you live?
Lexington, Mississippi, USA
Would you describe your location as urban, suburban, or rural?
Rural, although actually it is a small town of 2200
How many adults live in your home?
2
How many older children who drive?
None now, driver is at college in a different state.
How many young children?
3
Who buys the food?
Usually either adult.  Occasionally if I am tired I drive to the store and wait in the car for 12 or 15 year old to shop.
Who puts away the food?
The children.  Adults just drive food to house.  Children are rsupposed to be responsible for unloading car and putting food away.
Who prepares the food?
Me, husband, or paid help.  Children make ramen noodles, toast, eggs, brownie and muffin mixes, and re-heat things.
Who cleans up after meals?
We all share but I have to organize and motivate.
Do you fee! l  that you as one of the adults are competent in food choice and preparation? 
So so.  Both of the adults are about 30 pounds overweight,so we must be doing something wrong.
Do you feel you have enough time to handle the food tasks?
NO. And My husband is a good cook but he makes toomuch mess.
What shortcuts are helpful at your house? 
I love my microwave rice cooker.  20 minutes makes perfect rice.  And I find if I have ri! ce in the fridge, it seems easy to come up with something to g! o on it.
How do you instruct, train, or coerce your offspring to participate in labor related to food?
I don't spend enough time on this.  They mostly do simple baking of sweets.  They need to learn more preparation of meat and vegetables.
Do you feel your offspring will be competent in this area of life?
If they are, I won't be able to claim credit.


Reply via email to