Thanks jody - interesting how alike the situation with
the kids participating - differences seem mostly due
to practical things like family size, car or no car...

Now really hoping for response from other parts of
the world! (And then for more questions I'm guessing
you have up your sleeve :-)

susanne, denmark

----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 12:33 AM
Subject: Re: [OTlist] Re: Culture and Occupation


> Susanne- you didn't miss mine, I thought noone was interested, but
since you
> are I will answer too. -- Jody
>
> Where do you live? Lexington, Mississippi, USA
> Would you describe your location as urban, suburban, or rural? Rural,
> although actually it is a small town of 2200
> How many adults live in your home? 2
> How many older children who drive? None now, driver is at college in a
> different state.
> How many young children? 3
> Who buys the food? Usually either adult.  Occasionally if I am tired I
drive
> to the store and wait in the car for 12 or 15 year old to shop.
> Who puts away the food? The children.  Adults just drive food to
house.
> Children are rsupposed to be responsible for unloading car and putting
food away.
> Who prepares the food? Me, husband, or paid help.  Children make ramen
> noodles, toast, eggs, brownie and muffin mixes, and re-heat things.
> Who cleans up after meals? We all share but I have to organize and
motivate.
> Do you feel  that you as one of the adults are competent in food
choice and
> preparation?  So so.  Both of the adults are about 30 pounds
overweight,so we
> must be doing something wrong.
> Do you feel you have enough time to handle the food tasks? NO. And My
husband
> is a good cook but he makes toomuch mess.
> What shortcuts are helpful at your house?  I love my microwave rice
cooker.
> 20 minutes makes perfect rice.  And I find if I have rice in the
fridge, it
> seems easy to come up with something to go on it.
> How do you instruct, train, or coerce your offspring to participate in
labor
> related to food? I don't spend enough time on this.  They mostly do
simple
> baking of sweets.  They need to learn more preparation of meat and
vegetables.
> Do you feel your offspring will be competent in this area of life? If
they
> are, I won't be able to claim credit.
>
>
>


*****************************��**********************************

To remove yourself from the OTnow mail list, send a message to:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

In the message, indicate what address you want removed from OTnow

-

List messages are archived at:

http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]

*****************************��***********************************

Reply via email to