> Where do you live? Woodridge, Illinois, USA
> Would you describe your location as urban, suburban, or rural? Suburban
(25 miles west of Chicago)
> How many adults live in your home? 2
> How many older children who drive? None
> How many young children? None yet
> Who buys the food? My husband and I typically go grocery shopping
together (we've done it like this for the past four years!)
>
> Who puts away the food? Both husband and I
> Who prepares the food? Whoever gets home from work first. Typically me,
since I work at a school, but on my late nights, my husband will prepare
wonderful meals
> Who cleans up after meals? We tried to make a deal that whoever cooks
doesn't have to clean up. That doesn't always work. Usually it is whoever
is bothered most by the mess, typically my husband.
> Do you feel that you as one of the adults are competent in food choice and
preparation? Yes, although I was a vegetarian for 15 years, and just
recently started eating some meat again, so I'm sort of stuck in a rut with
what I make.
> Do you feel you have enough time to handle the food tasks? I feel there is
enough time in the evening, however I don't always make good use of that
time!
> What shortcuts are helpful at your house?
When I buy produce like carrots or grapes, as soon as I get home, I wash
them and put them into individual bags to bring for lunches. Otherwise we
forget and they go bad.
My grocery list is separated by the different departments (meat, dairy,
frozen, etc) to save time when shoping
> How do you instruct, train, or coerce your offspring to participate in
labor related to food? We don't have kids yet.
> Do you feel your offspring will be competent in this area of life? I'm
hoping so, since I enjoy cooking, I hope to pass that on when the time
comes.
*****************************��**********************************
To remove yourself from the OTnow mail list, send a message to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
In the message, indicate what address you want removed from OTnow
-
List messages are archived at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
*****************************��***********************************