On 12 November 2013 20:36, Tony Wright <tonyw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Its quite simple really. The whole premise of CVC being delivered to 93%
> of the population is bogus and deceptive. This is the statement that was
> suggested. The statement was factually correct but based on a complete lie.

Now you're not even making any sense at all. CVC is measured and charged at
the POI, not the customer connection. It applies to all traffic as it
egresses the NBN and enters the RSP.

It is utterly bizarre to advocate for it.

Anyway, as I said, both board members of NBN Co and Turnbull are on the
record as arguing either against CVC or for a massive reduction. We can
only hope they follow through.

Go google nbn cvc

=====
"Hackett has argued that the CVC costs are far too high, creating an
artifical scarcity in bandwidth that doesn't exist."

=====
"Hackett has consistently criticised NBN Co’s CVC pricing over the past six
months, arguing that it was “insane” and warning that no small ISPs would
survive their walk through the “valley of death” transition from the
current copper network to the fibre future envisioned by the Federal
Government, if they wanted to maintain their spots as national providers."

=====
"iiNet has ongoing concerns over the economics of NBN Co's current CVC
[Connectivity Virtual Circuit] charges. At the moment, the NBN's fee
structure treats the abundant capacity on the NBN as if a scarcity existed.
When access to abundance is irrationally constrained by NBN Co, bogus
scarcity is created – like an artificially enforced famine."

=====
"NBN pricing in terms of access may be manageable if the CVC charge is
brought into the world of the rational. iiNet continues to be very
concerned about input costs from NBN Co which are disconnected from
real-world costs."

=====
"Mr Malone said it was "incomprehensible" that international capacity costs
were much cheaper than domestic transmission, which he described as a
"chokepoint". "The cost of domestic transit is completely drowning out the
cost of international capacity," he said."

=====
"After four years, it is fairly obvious that the previous NBN policy is an
absolute failure: both in terms of failure to execute timely construction
of the network and the inability to create a pricing framework, as
evidenced by excessive megabit transmission (CVC) charges, which would
actually encourage optimal use of the network and spur all those economic
benefits currently touted for FTTH. - See more at:
http://www.commsday.com/commsday-australasia/lynch-comment-regulators-yet-to-get-message-about-red-tape#sthash.peJmBqQb.dpuf
"

=====
"Telstra says the current price of the CVC of $20 per megabit per second
assumes an average monthly usage of 30 gigabytes for each user, but this is
"already insufficient to cater for the requirements of end-users on
high-speed broadband networks and, in the near term, this will create
excessive CVC costs per end-user".

- See more at:
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/in-depth/nbn-charges-could-quadruple-telco/story-e6frgaif-1226689784957#sthash.7jFSW3oj.dpuf
"

Telstra estimates CVC costs could quadruple by 2016.

=====
"There is a material risk in the near term that RSPs will be forced to
either significantly increase end-user service prices or reduce the quality
lack of ongoing regulatory recourse, there is significant risk and
uncertainty to RSPs that is likely to impact their investment decisions for
NBN-based services."

Other telcos have backed the warning.

- See more at:
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/in-depth/nbn-charges-could-quadruple-telco/story-e6frgaif-1226689784957#sthash.7jFSW3oj.dpuf

=====
"Speaking at the Communications and Policy Research Forum 2011, Market
Clarity’s Shara Evans suggested the fixed $20 per megabit per second CVC
fee should be reviewed – particularly as it had an impact on whether it was
economical for RPS to service regional Australia."

David.