From: ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com [mailto:ozdotnet-boun...@ozdotnet.com] On
Behalf Of Scott Barnes
Sent: Tuesday, 20 September 2016 1:42 PM
To: ozDotNet <ozdotnet@ozdotnet.com>
Subject: Re: Entity Framework - the lay of the land

Entity Framework was born out of many attempts to solve the DAL tier to enable
developers to have to avoid talking to DBA's directly. The amount of churn its
gone through and the level of pain it rewards doesn't seem imho to justify its
adoption.

As for forgotten child. I can't speak to the program management level but when
I was in the product management side of things we avoided that clump of code as
much as possible. It was too hard to build a narrative around and even when we
managed to wrangle the mess into a coherent strategy they'd turn and flip the
table over with "i have a better idea on how to solve this pattern.." and sure
as your google search for "CRUD EntityFramework" the entire blogosphere would
leave you in the corner, confused and wondering aimlessly as if to say out loud
"I trusted them, they...they have cheated me for the last time".

I recently watched a Unity3D dev switch to using web-centric .net dev, and he
died a miserable painful death on Entity Framework code-first. To quote "I went
to use the migration strategy it left me a broken man, it just doesn't work as
its advertised".

Its time to put this and PRISM in the "GitHub" graveyard. Say out loud you
support it but block any future pull requests.

---
Regards,
Scott Barnes
http://www.riagenic.com

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 1:33 PM, Craig van Nieuwkerk