Really? At the bank I have had sign over a right for them to receive every
contact note for any shares I buy or sell. I also have to submit requests
to buy or sell shares. That's an Apra requirement. I'm also not allowed to
have directorships in more than one company, and it has to be an approved
directorship. So it really does depend on who it is and what it means to
you. A credit check to ensure that you aren't susceptible to bribery might
be reasonable too depending on who it is. If it's some random numpty, sure,
tell them to get stuffed, but some places really do need extra checks on
their staff.