"old system views"

That makes me wonder if it has any way of differentiating between something
it found from a decade ago to more recent data.

Mike

On Fri, 23 Feb 2024, 11:43 Dr Greg Low via ozdotnet, <ozdotnet@ozdotnet.com>
wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>

> For me, it depends what you want it to do. It certainly can appear to help
> someone who’s new to an area.
>

> For most code writing, I’ve been pretty underwhelmed. As an example, if I
> ask it to write SQL, I get a very poor outcome. It will use old deprecated
> views instead of the current system views (that have been around for a
> decade), and often does things in a convoluted way.
>

> What I have been impressed with, is how it can help you understand
> acronyms, etc. Quite amazing. I’ve also been pretty impressed with using it
> go generate some test data, including in multiple languages. And the test
> data is fairly believable. If I ask it for family names, and I also ask for
> Chinese, it does pick common Chinese family names in the test output.
> That’s pretty impressive.
>

> It can do a reasonable job of things like “here’s some DAX code, can you
> simplify it?” It often can. Or “here’s a regular expression, can you
> explain what it does?” and it does that just fine. I’ve seen people happily
> using it to explain code that they don’t understand, or to (sort of)
> document some code.
>

> But it also is so confident on things, yet so wrong. I gave it a 25
> question baseball umpire test the other day. It was 100% confident
> sounding, but 40% correct. The weird thing is that some of the questions
> that it got right, are things that new human umpires often get wrong. Yet
> for simpler questions, it would say that something legal is illegal.
>

> It’s certainly interesting, but it’s very much a work in progress. It will
> be part of our futures.
>

> Regards,
>

> Greg
>

> Dr Greg Low
>

> 1300SQLSQL (1300 775 775) office | +61 419201410 mobile
>
> SQL Down Under | Web: https://sqldownunder.com
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__sqldownunder.com_&d=DwMFAg&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=2rgtwrXggQFZiZbisdwDooYFalucb-vLhjG0McaanBZKn0UVuognuHqfHnjp2AVc&m=I23jyX4AKIv9q2x7A3CQAer9PGCjq8R6DwW7BE1IAhZ1JbigKMrMPRCjs6AqW7h3&s=o3oFliHztOF8D9Nbqaa7KQdqC-zkQNXWl4IqnEG58Wc&e=>
> About Greg:  https://about.me/greg.low
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__about.me_greg.low&d=DwMFAg&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=2rgtwrXggQFZiZbisdwDooYFalucb-vLhjG0McaanBZKn0UVuognuHqfHnjp2AVc&m=I23jyX4AKIv9q2x7A3CQAer9PGCjq8R6DwW7BE1IAhZ1JbigKMrMPRCjs6AqW7h3&s=NsAibgiqfCxsyc8m2DBKogKQcs3OqE3mkyCjmpoYxTk&e=>

  • AI Tom Gao via ozdotnet
    • RE: AI Dr Greg Low via ozdotnet
      • Re: AI mike smith via ozdotnet
        • RE: AI Dr Greg Low via ozdotnet