Hi All,
I thought it might be time for a positive story about VBAC. I am a midwife
working in an Aboriginal Community Health Centre. One of my women had
previously had an emergency C/S in late 2nd trimester for PROM, followed by
neonatal death at 12 hours of age. Needless to say she had alot of issues to
deal with during this pregnancy. I cared for her throughout her pregnancy
and she didnt see a doctor at all as she was perfectly normal and healthy
(despite being labelled as 'high risk' due to her history and the fact that
she is Aboriginal). She laboured so quickly the midwives at the hospital
didnt even think to call me in. After less than 2 hours she gave birth to a
perfectly healthy son. A week later she is still talking about how fulfilled
she feels and how she will definitely "do it again".
Dont give up. Leanne.