Date: Saturday, November 09, 2002 22:17:05
Subject: Re: [ozmidwifery] another horror story: closure is a myth

Dear list,
On a film/documentary on rape a counsellor made the
following statement,"Closure is a myth, a woman after
being raped is never the same."She then quoted a case
where a woman never slept more than 2-3 hours,wore
runners to bed( she thought that if she had being
wearing runners she could have escaped) and her
marriage broke up.I thought after a horrible birth a
woman is never the same.I know I am not the same woman
before I had Edwina almost 4 years ago.I changed
insurance co. so a homebirth would be covered and soon
after having Samuel we changed to just basic cover as
I no longer trusted private hospitals( Edwina was born
in a private hospital).I also started setting
boundaries with people and with the time and money
saved started a small investment portfolio.This has
grown over time to possibly giving us in the next 1-2
years a basic income.Is this better than before?Quite
honestly I don't know but it is 'different' to where I
was 4 years ago.Ann --- Andrea Bilcliff
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > MessageYesterday I
heard about a woman who birthed