Sorry to be the doubting thomas… but does anyone really believe that women in third world contries don’t feel pain?? Perhaps their social constructs allow them to accept and process thing differently….

Sally Westbury

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Diane Gardner
Sent:
Tuesday, 28 October 2003 8:17 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ozmidwifery] Yahoo news article

My goodness!  I was just sent an email to let me know that my article has been published on the Australia and NZ Yahoo news and even more amazing that they have reported it exactly as I told it in the interview.

wow

Diane Gardner

http://au.news.yahoo.com//031014/2/m1yw.html

"If you look at third world countries, they don't have pain in childbirth.

"They squat down and birth their baby and off they go.