What do you wise women think about winding/burping babies. I am very aware that I am totally confusing women and providing them with information which conflicts with my colleagues. I would love to hear what information you give women about this subject.

My standpoint at the moment (more than willing to change it) is that for most babies winding is unnecessary and if they fall asleep at the breast just leave them. Rather than sitting them up and jiggling them about = waking them up all over again etc. Other cultures do not wind/burp babies. Wind will find it's own way out.

Please correct me - I would love to hear alternative theories.

Rachel