Hi Cory, dear Artem,

Thanks for the mails. Regarding the issue Cory sent.

When doing the following:

I moved libqgtk2.so (not libqgtk3.so in my case) from /opt/Qt/5.9.0/gcc_64/plugins/platformthemes

and commented _all_ lines in /opt/Qt/5.9/gcc_64/lib/cmake/Qt5Gui/Qt5Gui_QGtk3ThemePlugin.cmake

I then rebuild paraview (build succeeds) but when I try to execute

user:~/software/paraview_bin$ ./bin/paraview
libprotobuf FATAL /home/user/software/paraview/ThirdParty/protobuf/vtkprotobuf/src/google/protobuf/stubs/common.cc:62] This program requires version 2.6.0 of the Protocol Buffer runtime library, but the installed version is 2.3.0.  Please update your library.  If you compiled the program yourself, make sure that your headers are from the same version of Protocol Buffers as your link-time library.  (Version verification failed in "/build/mir-O8_xaj/mir-0.26.3+16.04.20170605/obj-x86_64-linux-gnu/src/protobuf/mir_protobuf.pb.cc".)
Aborted

I still have no success. I still have other version of Qt installed (also in opt) and did not uninstall "qt5-gtk-platformtheme" as suggested by Timo Oster in the thread you sent. Could any of this be the problem? I am hesitant to uninstall qt5-gtk-platformtheme as I'm not sure if that'll give me another conflict.

Did I forget anything?

Daniel