Mduduzi

I'm glad that you've met with positive responses in the streets from your open
support for the PAC.  The masses - the working people made up of workers, poor
peasants, the unemployable (the underclass) and the jobless, students, youth,
women and the aged - have living experience of the heat of the struggle, and
they know their organisations and their patriotic heroes.  The PAC definitely
belongs to this category.  It is not a figment of the imagination to say the
masses relate to the thoughts and activities of Sharpeville and Langa (1960),
the Poqo Insurrection (1961 -1967),  the re-emergence of struggle ethos with
involvement of the PAC in the Black Consciousness movement (1968 -1977), the
PAC underground network and the armed struggle (1978 -1994), and the rise of
young braves from the crucible of direct confrontation with the settler
colonial powers.  That the PAC did not emerge victorious from the successive
national general elections is in itself a reflection of the objective
conditions and the predominance of the global power play, and that the African
masses are themselves not in power.  I would expect the sigh of relief and
positive response from those who believe that, given a chance, the true
liberation forces will re-emerge and reclaim their positions in society rather
than this dominance of selfish, corrupt, and reactionary spirit prevailing in
the corridors of power.

The contradictions inside the PAC are however a different matter altogether:
now that career politics pays a living wage and a decent salary, all the
different characters with a mission put up a fight to assume positions of
control and influence inside the Party for personal benefit.  They distort the
purpose for which the PAC exist and use its platforms for self-aggrandisement
and self-enrichment.  They prefer short cuts to power before it is too late.
Each time the doors are opened for everybody to come back to the PAC - such as
when Uncle Zeph was released in 1990 and at the Mamelodi Convention of
Africanists in 1996 -  the opportunists with questionable credentials and funny
backgrounds worm themselves up to influential positions and to take authority,
but they then go out to settle old scores and mete out vendettas.  They say
when you open doors for fresh air you should also accept that flies will also
come in.  If we are all serious about resolving these contradictions we would
then create a conducive atmosphere and a common platform to discuss and map the
road going forward in a united PAC.  What you are saying is correct.  Those who
believe they own the PAC as some kind of personal fiefdom are obviously
delusionary.  Those who form cliques and tribal fraternities are reactionary.
Those who keep silent and fear consequences for doing the right thing are
cowards. And soon we should label the ones who obstruct the path to the
re-emergence of the PAC as sell-outs.  I believe that all that the African
people expect from us - we who are committed to the PAC's objectives and are in
the Africanist school of thought - is to get our house in order. No stupid
rantings and no flies.

Izwe lethu iAfrika.

Jaki Seroke